Sunday 24 September 2017

2nd try || Training for the Amsterdam Marathon || 4 weeks to go

wait, what? Just one month to go??!


Just one month before the big day. I have to say, who knew? Last November I was still relearning how to ride a bike after a bad knee injury. Now I'm running a marathon in 4 weeks! Crazy what the body is capable of.

I went to a physical therapist on Monday, to see if we can work on my tight calves, before an injury happens. And I have to tell you, the dry needling to loosen it up was absolutely brutal. But, the next day, really all was fine. So off I went to yoga.
Wednesday I took my loose calves out for a short run. Thursday and Friday rest day :)

And then Saturday was the day I took out my new compression socks for a long distance run (also advised by the physical therapist). The first 5K was horrible. The socks were soooo tight, running up hill felt impossible. The best visual I can give you on how it felt is when you put your cat or dog in socks or shoes for the first time, and they kind of forget how to walk, that's how it felt. Like your muscles forget how to work. I managed to squeeze out about 22-23K. 

Monday I'm back at the physical therapist. We'll see if the socks make it to the start of the marathon...Right now, I'm not sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...